Monday, September 18, 2006

Test the Nation

So how did we do in the Test the Nation. I am in the yellow zone, meaning I'm not at risk now but I need to do some work to stay out of the red zone.
I learnt a lot from the programme. I need to exercise which was obvious; I'm confused about butter and margarine; I should eat 1 serving of red meat the size of my palm a day, and 5 servings of fruit and veges the size of my palm a day; oily fish such as tuna and salmon are good for you; I should have trim milk; I should cut out biscuits; muesli bars and chocolate bars have the same amount of calories or was it cholesterol.
How did you go?

6 comments:

Sandra said...

I didn't watch it Lianne but have recorded it to watch it with DH when he is home on a day off. Thought it might be good to watch together!!

Anonymous said...

I did the online test and missed all the hoo haaa of the programme as I was doing other stuff. In terms of risk I have to wathc my blood pressure, yellow zone. But I found that interesing because everytime I go to the Dr my BP is fine. It is something to be aware of though.

Penny said...

Hmmm - I didnt do too well in the online test but then, who keeps those kinds of statistics in their heads? Not me! I go and look them up.

Anyway - my only risk factor according to them is cholesterol which is interesting since I don't think we're doing too badly in that dept.

Sharon said...

LOL - didn't even know it was on!! And I already know I eat lots of stuff I shouldn't.....

Delys said...

I fell asleep on the couch and missed most of it. Most of it I knew...doesnt mean that I do though!

Tracy said...

I watched it on and off, but didn't keep track enough to know my score, three hours is too long! I've got blogs to update, lol. But it did re-enforce a few things that I knew already but didn't do. Will try to walk more often, cut down on biscuits and crap, swap to trim milk instead of light blue for whole family and ask myself what nutritional value this food has before eating anything.