I have swapped days this week so I can prepare for tomorrow. We're going to have lots of fun tomorrow at our 12 hour crop. I've made my special rum truffles and today I'm making yummy fruit cake - not too fruity - don't like those ones - more cakey LOL. And make up bags for a product challenge. And practise heating up the wax for my Waxed Canvas Trio class and drilling the holes for the hinges. What else - if I have time do a layout with the Making Memories papers - cool papers. Thought I might have a go at Nic's hole punching technique with a twist.
So anyway I got my new camera and OMG it's so cool. I have so much to learn though, sooooo much. Nic help please. It's a Canon EOS Digital SLR. I feel so happy about it and can't wait for the holidays to practise. It's like my baby.
We have been sooooo busy at work. The end of year and beginning of the year are so busy in a school office. You have no idea. I have been printing reports for the last 2 weeks. Why you say? Well there's alot to it:
Teacher writes report in computer programme
Lianne prints each individual report - making sure it all fits on 2 pages
Principal checks each report and comments
Teacher corrects any reports that need it
Lianne reprints those reports
Principal rechecks and comments
Lianne prints envelopes for reports
All this x 8 classes and in between other jobs like:
Chasing prize giving cups and organising the engraving.
Planning stationery for next year
Counting money from Book Fair, Activity Week and Jump Rope for Heart.
There's lots more too but I guess you're really bored by now.
So here's Michelles challenge for this week, sorry I didn't do last week's one Michelle.
1. Do you decorate your house this time of year? if so… how? ( a photo or description. )
Yes. These are taken with my new camera though the tree isn't very good. I tried to take it without the flash so the lights would show up better but didn't turn out great. Will have to work one that one. But I love the one of my new decoration. Isn't he just so cute.
2. Have you ever been in a decoration competition? No
3. How much is too much? As much as you like. I love houses covered in decorations. If I had time and money I'd do it.
4. How do you celebrate this time of year? Luch with my family - at my place this year. Dinner with Rob's family - at his sisters this year.
5.Whose job is it to wrap all the Christmas gifts? Will you (or whoever) use gift bags, or wrapping paper? Me, wrapping paper.
6. What do you dislike most about the holiday season? Definitely the crowds but that's about it.
7. What are you top 3 Xmas songs. Snoopy's Xmas, I saw Mummy kissing Santa Claus and can't think what else.
8. Real tree or fake? Either, real last year, fake this year.