Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Weekend away and other things

Those poor families in the West Coast. Hard to believe really. Such a disaster.

So I went away for the weekend with a few girls and we had a great time. Heaps of laughs, relaxation and creating. Well a little bit of creating, managed to get my Xmas cards done, lol. Another appearance of the Hero Arts doily stamp.
Came home to these in my letter box. Some lovely Japanese washi tape from Kozo Tape. I'm excited because it's a NZ shop and the service was pretty good. Can't wait to play.
So I trimmed down some jeans to make shorts a couple of weeks ago. Did the same last year. Dragged out some old jeans to make into shorts. And I had this strip of denim, tied it round my wrist, thought it looked pretty cute really. Am thinking I will embroider some lazy daisies on it.
OK, now this was an idea I'd been wanting to try for ages. I saw it somewhere. Just see if I can find the link. Hold on. Here. Oohhh, coloured chalkboard paint, how cool. Wonder if you can get it in NZ.
And they work perfectly. We put pumpkin seeds in one jar and then James proceeded to write on the rest, lol. Then you just wash them or wipe off the label. Awesome, I love this idea. Just need to fill the other jars. They look so cool with the chalk on them.
TFL lianne

No comments: