Monday, December 05, 2011

Birthday Month Day 15

Isn't it gorgeous. Looks old school but it's brand new from Stevens. Love that shop, has so many cool gift ideas.
Photo's a bit awful, left it too late in the day.

Just wanted to share a FISH LAKSA recipe I made yesterday. We've been getting so much fish lately, I wanted to try different ways of having it. I found some ideas on Pinterest and then made up a concoction of my own. And I have to say it was very successful. Here it is.

FISH LAKSA
Ingredients:
approx 1/2 tsp fresh ginger chopped
2 cloves garlic chopped
1/2 a red onion chopped
stem of lemongrass, the white part crushed and chopped up
Peanut oil
2 dsp Curry Paste (I used red but you could use green)
3 cups boiling water
2 tsp chicken stock
Green veges
Fresh coriander
Tin of coconut cream
Fish
s & p
Noodles

Cook ginger, garlic, red onion and lemongrass in peanut oil till soft. Add curry paste and cook 30 secs. Add boiling water, chicken stock, green veges and fresh coriander. Cook 5 mins.
Add tin of coconut cream, cubed fish and s & p.
Cook till fish is cooked through. Add prawns if desired.
Serve over cooked noodles in a bowl.

No comments: