Tuesday, October 10, 2006

It's been a week since my last blog ...

... and over the week I've thought of so many things I could say but I just didn't find the time.

1. Check out the Scrapcamp blog for a change of venue. Scrapcamp is now at Rotorua. Nothing else has changed, same price, same classes etc etc, just a venue change. We went there last time and had a ball. So an awesome time is guaranteed.
2. Crocs - A friend ordered 2 pairs for me from the US over a year ago (pink and brown) and now I see they are here in NZ and in The Warehouse of all places and also in Stirling Sports. So here's your chance people, if you haven't already, run and get some. They are the most comfortable shoes in the world. I worked every day last week and wore them every day and I never once got sore feet as I usually do. Lynda came in the shop the other day and she was wearing some and when I visited Nic the other day she was wearing some.They are great and cool colours too. You can even get little kid ones I've heard.
3. Acrylic Nails - I had them done for the first time ever in the holidays as a treat. Emma had her braces off and while we waited for her retainers we went and had our nails done. Who can scrapbook with these things. It takes me forever to peel the back off a photo split. And my Mum said ' Oh Lianne, they really don't suit you'. So tell me who else has them or has had them and do you love them or hate them. Any tips would be good too.
4. While you're at Nic's blog she is doing draws all this week for Q & Co brads so you can enter this competition.
5. Check out the NZ Dare blog for some cool orange themed layouts.
6. And lastly, thanks heaps for all your congratulations on my Up2Scrap ET spot.

Happy scrapping without acrylic nails LOL.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

do they make your feet stinky? that is the question I've been dying to ask! LoL!

Lynda said...

Yay, glad the crocs are working for your feet. I have been living in mine lately, still can't believe that a pair of shoes I bought for $15 can be so comfy. I have been doing lots of looking at the Bohemia papers I bought, but so far haven't used them. Good luck getting used to the acrylics.

nic said...

that is the beauty of crocs - they dont smell. not one bit.
I had heard the Warehouse ones break easily though?

Acrylic nails - had them once, hated them, never again.

thanks for linking the queen blog, I see we are getting hits, awesome :o)

nic

Tracy said...

Emma spotted those crocs at TWH during the holidays, lol, she's got more fashion sense in her little finger than I have in my whole body!
Acrylic nails don't go so well with massage, so no I haven't got/had any, look pretty though, lol about the photo splits!

Sandra said...

Too funny...I just read Penny's post and wondered why acrylic nails would make your feet stinky....doh!!! Might have to get me some crocs...they get good press from scrappers. Can we see a piccie of the nails? I'm thinking of going there myself.

Anonymous said...

Acrylic nails - had 'em once. Couldn't wait to get rid of them. Amazingly enough, I was thin at the time and couldn't do my jeans zip up with them LOL Gotta watch for infections under them too.
Had to laugh about the stinky feet / acrylc nails thing - same confusion crossed my brain too ;-)

Donna said...

LOL, never had acrylic nails; I should because my own nails are awful and soft. Will be interesting to see if you keep them!
Have been fighting the crocs issue with DD - guess I'll have to get used to them. They remind me of the clog fad & then the Japanese slaps{?} which are all sooo comfy but do nothing for your image...ROFL.

Ali said...

Gotta say I've tried acrylics several times now in the quest to be a lady and it just aint a happening thing for moi! Apart from the fact that it's difficult enough to wipe your you know what, they just collect glue, then chip and then I go and get them removed. Just my 5cents worth :)

Meg McKenzie said...

Acrylic nails, had them a couple of times and lasted exactly 4 weeks both times (when it was time to have them backfilled), as for the crocs first saw Heidi Swapp wearing them, still undecided on them!!

Kirsty said...

Yup, luv the acrylic nails and luv the Crocs! I have both. My real nails are disgusting so I've found this the answer. Geez Ali!! Had to laugh at your comment! Just file them down short. Also straight ends rather than round-filed ends make it easier for peeling back those splits.

Mel said...

I love my acrylic nails. Nail biter for 40 years. I have a pink and white version (there are all sorts) that never chips - look perfect for 3 weeks. Only trouble is the expense (backfilling every 3 weeks). Scrapping is fine (take the blue bit off the photo split first then peel the other side off!). Only thing I have trouble with is brads (now I use a letter opened to separate the prongs!).

Anonymous said...

Lol, Lianne - I just had my nails done last Friday and took forever to peel off the dstape on my last lo!!! It's a bit easier if the nails are made fairly thin on the ends. I don't know how long I'll last with them but my rather chubby hands do look nicer!!!

Sue (Rohweder)

Phoebefigalilly said...

Hi Lianne, I have acrylic nails and I love them! You will get used to them...they do feel odd at the start and as someone else said don't have them too long and get them cut squarish like french nails. I must admit though...did some decoupage the other day and it took me a week to get the dried pva out from under them...LOL! Feel I am always explaining to my nail tech why I have dried paint, ink, glue etc. on them all the time!!!

Faye said...

I love my crocs, have had them since last year and wear them ALL the time, well not at work unfortunately but casual wear around the house and then forget I have them on and go out in them which perhaps is not the best, old lady feet in crocs but what the heck, they are comfy for sure.